Meet the Team Jenna Members
Click a photo to donate in our name.
was born in 2010. Specifically it was started on January 19, 2010 at 3:10 am. That was when Jenna Laumer passed away from Leukemia at the age of 27.
Jenna was diagnosed with Leukemia less than a year before she died. So we started Team Jenna. To make a difference. To do something to change outcomes and experiences for others.
Team Jenna was founded in Jenna Laumer’s name. Its purpose is threefold:
- Honor a young vibrant beautiful woman taken from us at much too young an age.
- Create a legacy in Jenna’s name that will remember her and become a source of hope and encouragement for so many others who battle these diseases.
- Create a funding mechanism that can be used to help others who desperately need it.
The Miles That Matter Foundation
will fund the causes and all of the money raised will go directly to the causes. This maximizes the money donated locally.
Two specific causes this year will be:
- A special purpose fund at Children’s Hospital that will fund the specific portion of Children’s A5 South, where Jenna spent her time. “They are an amazing collection of caring human beings.”
This fund will have a dual purpose:
The needs of patient’s Jenna’s age are SO different from the needs of children. Everything from making the bathroom more user friendly to providing ways to store personal items that you bring when you stay at the hospital for months at a time.
- a. Nursing staff support and development
- b. Funding in hospital for young adult patient quality of life
- Donations to Clark Montessori Foundation and Clark Athletic Fund: Jenna was a star soccer player at Clark for 4 years and just recently had her #99 jersey retired, in honor of her life and spirit that she so selflessly gave every day.
This year we want to raise as much as we can to help these local causes. We need you and your generosity.
As a tribute to Jenna, new 2011 bike jerseys have been designed. Our team will be wearing them and for a donation of $300 or more, we will send you a jersey.
If you are making a contribution of $300 or more, send an email with your name, mailing address, and jersey size to firstname.lastname@example.org
Her legacy was to help others. Let’s keep it going for her and all it will touch.
Thank you for all your incredible support.